- Yinlin Chen, "A High-quality Digital Library Supporting Computing Education: The Ensemble Approach", final defense July 27, 2017, Ph.D. dissertation
- Yinlin Chen, Soumik Ghosh, Tingting Jiang, and James Tuttle. Scaling IIIF Image Tiling in the Cloud. Code4Lib Journal Issue 47, Feb, 2020
- Yinlin Chen, Zhiwu Xie, and Edward A. Fox. A Library to Manage Web Archive Files in Cloud Storage. Bulletin of IEEE Technical Committee on Digital Libraries, 13(1), April 2017
- Yinlin Chen and Edward A. Fox. 2015. Extending ensemble: an education digital library for computer science education. J. Comput. Sci. Coll. 31, 2 (December 2015), 201-207
- Uma Murthy, Edward A. Fox, Yinlin Chen, Eric M. Hallerman, Donald J. Orth, Ricardo da S. Torres, Lin Tzy Li, Nadia P. Kozievitch, Felipe S.P. Andrade, Tiago R.C. Falcao & Evandro Ramos. SuperIDR: A Tool for Fish Identification and Information Retrieval. Fisheries 38(2): 65-75, Feb. 2013
- Yinlin Chen, "DevOps Practices in Digital Library Development" JCDL 2022, June 20-24, 2022
- Alex Kinnaman, Maureen Saverot, Yinlin Chen, Kara Long, Nicholas Polys, Sterling Nesbit, Michelle Stocker, Shuhai Xiao, and Nathan Hall. "3D Preservation Models and Modalities: Advancing Research Reproducibility and Capacity at Virginia Tech." iPRES 2021, October 20, 2021
- Yinlin Chen. "Analyzing WARC on serverless computing." IIPC Web Archiving Conference 2021. Virtual, June 15-16, 2021
- Yinlin Chen, Tingting Jiang, Lee Hunter. "Building Scalable Serverless Digital Repositories using Amplify Open-source Framework." Presentation at Open Repositories 2021, Virtual, June 7-10, 2021
- Yinlin Chen, James Tuttle, Alex Kinnaman. "A Cloud-based Serverless Microservices Application for Digital Preservation." Presentation at Digital Preservation 2020, Virtual, Nov 9-13, 2020
- Yinlin Chen. "Analyzing WARC on serverless computing." IIPC Web Archiving Conference 2020. Conference canceled.
- Yinlin Chen, Jim Tuttle, and William A. Ingram. "A Multi-Tenancy Cloud-Native Digital Library Platform." Presentation at Open Repositories 2019: Hamburg, Germany. June 10-13, 2019
- Yinlin Chen, Edward A. Fox. "Architecting the Cloud-native Data Analysis Application for ETDs." Presentation at ETD 2018, Taiwan 26 Sept 2018
- Yinlin Chen, Lee Hunter, and Zhiwu Xie. Toward Cloud-Native Digital Repositories. Presentation at Open Repositories 2018: Bozeman, Montana, USA. June 4-7, 2018
- Zhiwu Xie, Andrej Galad, Yinlin Chen, and Edward Fox. Are Repositories Impeding Big Data Reuse? In Proc. 11th International Conference on Open Repositories. Trinity College, Dublin, Ireland, 13-16 June 2016
- Xie, Zhiwu, Julie Speer, Yinlin Chen, Tingting Jiang, Collin Brittle, and Paul Mather. "VTechData: An Institutional Data Repository." In 11th International Conference on Open Repositories (OR2016). 2016
- Zhiwu Xie, Yinlin Chen, Julie Speer and Tyler Walters. "Evaluating Cost of Cloud Execution in a Data Repository", JCDL 2016, Newark, NJ, USA, June 19-23, 2016
- Zhiwu Xie, Yinlin Chen, Tingting Jiang, Julie Speer, Tyler Walters, Pablo A. Tarazaga, Mary Kasarda: On-Demand Big Data Analysis in Digital Repositories: A Lightweight Approach. ICADL 2015: 274-277
- Xie, Zhiwu, Yinlin Chen, Julie Speer, Tyler Walters, Pablo Tarazaga and Mary Kasarda. "Towards use and reuse driven big data management." In Proceedings of the 15th ACM/IEEE-CS joint conference on Digital libraries. ACM, 2015
- Yinlin Chen, Edward A. Fox, "Using ACM DL paper metadata as an auxiliary source for building educational collections", International Conference on Digital Libraries (DL 2014), London, Sept. 2014 (short paper, acceptance rate 32%). In Proceedings of the 14th ACM/IEEE-CS Joint Conference on Digital Libraries. IEEE Press, Piscataway, NJ, USA, 137-140.
- Yinlin Chen, Paul Logasa Bogen II, Haowei Hsieh, Edward Fox, Lillian Cassel. Categorization of Computing Education Resources with Utilization of Crowdsourcing. Proceedings of the 12th ACM/IEEE-CS Joint Conference on Digital Libraries (JCDL 2012), Washington D.C., June 10-14, 2012, 121-124.
- Monika Akbar, Weiguo Fan, Clifford A. Shaffer, Yinlin Chen, Lillian Cassel, Lois Delcambre, Daniel D. Garcia, Gregory W. Hislop, Frank Shipman, Richard Furuta, B. Stephen Carpenter II, Haowei Hsieh, Bob Siegfried, and Edward A. Fox. Digital Library 2.0 for Educational Resources. In S. Gradmann et al. (Eds.): TPDL 2011, Berlin, LNCS 6966, pp. 89-100. Springer, Heidelberg (Sept. 2011), acceptance rate 19%
- Edward A. Fox, Yinlin Chen, Monika Akbar, Clifford A. Shaffer, Stephen H. Edwards, Peter Brusilovsky, Daniel D. Garcia, Lois M.L. Delcambre, Felicia Decker, David W. Archer, Richard Furuta, Frank Shipman, Stephen Carpenter and Lillian Cassel. Ensemble PDP-8: Eight Principles for Distributed Portals. In Proc. JCDL/ICADL 2010, June 21-25, Gold Coast, Australia, 341-344. Acceptance rate 25%
- Uma Murthy, Edward Fox, Yinlin Chen, Eric Hallerman, Ricardo Torres, Evandro Ramos and Tiago Falcao. Superimposed Image Description and Retrieval for Fish, Proc. ECDL 2009, 29 Sept. 2009, Corfu, Greece. (acceptance rate 22%)
- Edward A. Fox and Jonathan P. Leidig, editors. Digital Library Applications: CBIR, Education, Social Networks, eScience/Simulation, and GIS. Morgan & Claypool Publishers, San Francisco, March 2014, 175 pages, ISBN paperback 9781627050326, ebook 9781627050333.
- Edward A. Fox, editor. Digital Libraries: A 5S Approach. With its 15 chapters authored with: Monika Akbar, Pranav Angara, Yinlin Chen, Lois M. Delcambre, Noha Elsherbiny, Eric Fouh, Marcos Andre Goncalves, Nadia P. Kozievitch, Spencer Lee, Jonathan Leidig, Lin Tzy Li, Mohamed Magdy Gharib Farag, Uma Murthy, Sung Hee Park, Rao Shen, Venkat Srinivasan, Ricardo da Silva Torres, and Seungwon Yang. 527 page draft textbook, used in VT's Digital Libraries class (CS6604) in Fall 2011, released selectively for review and testing (including in a Villanova DL course), most recent version Feb. 8, 2012
- Yinlin Chen. End to end Serverless Digital Repository Platform on the Cloud. Presentation at Open Repositories 2022 Denver, Colorado, USA. June 6-9, 2022
- Yinlin Chen. A serverless journey: How we develop reliable, resilient and scalable Library services. Presentation at Code4Lib 2021: Online, USA. March 22-26, 2021
- Yinlin Chen and Bill Ingram. Why and How We Went Serverless, and How You Can Too. Presentation at CNI Spring 2021 meeting: Online, USA. March 15-26, 2021
- Chen, Yinlin. Scaling IIIF Image Tiling in the Cloud. IIIF Bi-Weekly Community Call - technical, April 22, 2020
- Chen, Yinlin, and James Tuttle. Virginia Tech Libraries' Next Gen Digital Libraries Platform. IT Council Symposium 2020, January 8, 2020, Blacksburg, VA
- Yinlin Chen. Building a cloud platform using AWS for data analysis of Digital Library. Presentation at Code4Lib 2018: Washington, D.C., USA. February 13-16, 2018
- Yinlin Chen and Adam Wead. Samvera and Fedora 4 Performance. Presentation at Samvera Connect 2017: Evanston, IL, USA. November 6-9, 2017
- Yinlin Chen. Efficient development and deployment of Hydra projects using Vagrant. Presentation at Hydra Connect 2016: Boston, MA, USA. October 3-6, 2016
- Uma Murthy, Edward A. Fox, Yinlin Chen, Eric Hallerman, Ricardo Torres, Evandro J. Ramos, and Tiago R. C. Falco. Image Description and Retrieval for Fish Species Identification. Oral presentation by Uma Murthy at 25th Annual GSA Research Symposium, March 25, 2009, VT, Blacksburg, VA.
- Edward A. Fox and Yinlin Chen. Introduction to Digital Libraries. JCDL 2021. Virtual. September 27-30, 2021
- Yinlin Chen. Building a full-stack Serverless Web application with React and AWS. Code4Lib 2020: Pittsburgh, PA, USA. March 8-11, 2020 🌐 🔓
- Esmé Cowles, Mike Durbin, and Yinlin Chen. Interacting with Standards, Hands-on Fedora. Code4Lib 2018: Washington, D.C., USA. February 13-16, 2018
- James Tuttle, Yinlin Chen, Tingting Jiang, Lee Hunter, Andrea Waldren, Soumik Ghosh and William Ingram. "Multi-tenancy Cloud Access and Preservation: Virginia Tech Digital Libraries Platform" Presentation at the Practitioners Track at JCDL 2020, Virtual, August 1-5, 2020
- Chen, Yinlin, Edward A. Fox, and Tingting Jiang. "Performance of a Cloud-Based Digital Library." Poster in Proceedings Digital Libraries: Providing Quality Information: 17th International Conference on Asia-Pacific Digital Libraries, ICADL 2015, Seoul, Korea, December 9-12, 2015. Vol. 9469. Springer, 2016
- Monika Akbar, Weiguo Fan, Lillian Cassel, Lois Delcambre, Clifford A. Shaffer, Edward A. Fox, Yinlin Chen, "How Educators Find Educational Resources Online", ITiCSE 2011, June 27-29, Germany, 367
- Yinlin Chen and Edward A. Fox. Aggregate Computing Educational Resources in Social Interactive Environments. Refereed poster for Graduate Student Assembly's (GSA) 27th Annual Research Symposium, March 23, 2011, Virginia Tech
- Monika Akbar, Peter Brusilovsky, Lillian Cassel, Steve Carpenter, Yinlin Chen, Lois Delcambre, Steve Edwards, Weiguo Fan, Edward Fox, Richard Furuta, Dan Garcia, Greg Hislop, Maggie Johnson, David Maier, Manuel Perez-Quinones, Steve Seidman, Frank Shipman, Chris Stephenson, Heikki Topi, Bryant York, "ENSEMBLE: Supporting the full range of computing education communities", NSDL Annual meeting 2010, Nov. 1-3, Washington, D.C.
- Yinlin Chen and Edward A. Fox. IBM Cloud and Student Term Projects to Aid Computing Education. Poster for 3rd Annual Conference on Higher Education Pedagogy, Virginia Tech, October 7, 2010
- Monika Akbar, Edward A. Fox, Lillian N. Cassel, Yinlin Chen, Stephen Edwards, Peter L. Brusilovsky, Stephen Carpenter, Lois Delcambre, Weiguo Fan, Richard Furuta, Frank M. Shipman, Daniel Garcia, Greg Hislop, David Maier, Manuel Perez-Quinones, Christine Stephenson, Bryant York, Haowei Hsieh. ENSEMBLE: Supporting the Full Range of Computing Education Communities. Reviewed poster accepted for ACM SIGCSE 2010, March 12, Milwaukee
- Edward A. Fox, Monika Akbar, Yinlin Chen, Michael Stewart, Clifford A. Shaffer, Stephen H. Edwards, Patrick Fan. Ensemble: Enriching Communities and Collections to Support Education in Computing. Reviewed poster at 2010 Conference on Higher Education Pedagogy, Inn at Virginia Tech, Feb. 18-19, 2010, p. 102.